The marketing show is exactly what it is all about. It is showmanship that sets mediocre marketers a part from great ones.
Any intelligent person can research content and put something out there for consumption to bring traffic in…
However, it’s a marketing artist that makes content remarkable and has a chance at real viral activity. I would like to include an article on 10x content and I would like to draw specific attention to Rand Fishkin’s 10x Content Article which states:
Criteria for 10X Content:
- Provides a uniquely positive user experience through the user interface, visuals, layout, fonts, patterns, etc.
- Delivers content that is some substantive combination of high-quality, trustworthy, useful, interesting, and
- Is considerably different in scope and detail from other works on similar topics
- Loads quickly and is usable on any device or browser
- Creates an emotional response of awe, surprise, joy, anticipation, and/or admiration
- Has achieved an impressive quantity of amplification (through shares on social networks and/or links)
- Solves a problem or answers a question by providing comprehensive, accurate, exceptional information or resources.
Pay close attention to the words uniquely, considerably different, and creates. The modern era of marketing is asking YOU to be an artist! That’s good news because I was concerned being a marketer was selling my soul. Not True! YOU can be a marketing artist.
In summary, be on the look out for something you read and don’t forget see that really impresses you. Get the essence from it, but, don’t copy it. Instead think of developing your own style so your consumers can enjoy YOU, the marketing artist.